MMMG professionals have experience in providing legal opinions to various organs of state; and have assisted organs of state to comply with the offspring of the constitutional dispensation legislation that impacts their administrative functions such as, inter alia, the Promotion of Access to Information Act and the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act.
We have experience in the area of procurement law and have developed a firm grasp of the legislative framework that regulates procurement in the public sector including:
- Constitution of the Republic of South Africa
- Public Finance Management Act (“PFMA”) and its Treasury Regulations
- Municipal Finance Management Act
- The Municipal Systems Act
- Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act (“PPPFA”); and its regulations
- Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act (“BBBEE Act”), the Industry-based Charters and the Codes promulgated thereunder